Sunday, January 29, 2006

My Joy List

Well there is a highly secretive group of digiscrappers that have formed what is called "The Eggers". Basically they present challenges that encourage digiscrappers to honor themselves and build up their fellow scrappers. I love what they are all about and I think that the timing couldn't be better since for me 2006 is all about remembering to love myself (even when I feel like a dead weight like I do right about now) - When I read thier latest challenge: To create a "Joy List" it sounded like just what the doctor ordered for my little worn down soul.

As I thought about it, I thought the best way to really enjoy creating my joy list would be to CREATE it, so out came the cardstock and the papercutter, and embellishments gallore. It felt liberating really to put so much time and so many little cherished dodads that involved NO pictures, no journaling or important events, and instead just simple tribute to the simple things that make me smile. I so wish all of you could see it in person, there are very few words, and SO many great little details. It is rich (and a bit bulky, so the scan is sort of blurry). I just felt like a kid just pouring hours in to filling each little square with something that made me smile.... i could fill hundreds of squares with things that bring me smiles... but I love it just how it is, perfectly filled with my joys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home