Monday, October 03, 2005

We have a monster...

There is a monster loose in our house... There must be, because what else would sneak into the kitchen at 4 am and tear up boxes of cereal like this?

This morning at the ungodly hour of four thirty am, a wide awake little boy came into my bedroom to tell me he was sticky. What? Sticky? How could a sleeping two year get sticky?

When I pulled my half asleep body out of bed to investigate I figured it out.

The lights were on in the kitchen and the playroom and the television was on static. There were torn open boxes of cereal on the floor. On the table was a bag of candy that had been half finished and there were candy wrappers and half eaten tootsie rolls all over the table. and on the floor.

I guess Owen decided that 4 am is a good time to get up and rule the castle all on his own for a little while....

One thing about Owen that you have to love though- even when he rules, he eats his candy at the table, and he comes and wakes mommy up to wash his hands.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cricket said...

Shawna, good for you for seeing the better half of this scenario! I woulda gone balistic!

Also, KUDOS on getting a picture... I would've been too busy trying to figure out how to lock him in room so that it never happens again to think of getting a pic!!

You RULE- MOM!!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

Oh my gosh - too funny! :) I sure wouldn't have thought to grab the camera - good for you!

Aren't boys great? :)

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! What a story!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Too hilarious. Gotta love kids!

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shawna, I believe you have got an active little guy!!! George and I loved you writing about it!!! Perhaps, you need to write a beautiful book--we really enjoyed how you wrote about Owen's 4am doings!!!Love and Prayers, joyce

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home