Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thursday Thoughts


Okay the idea here, is that every Thursday I'll do one "fluff free" post with random thoughts about my personal experience as a mom or frustrations, and maybe rewards that I find along the way.

Today-
  • I really really really have to clean this house whether I want to or not. I'm doing it FlyLady style with the timer 15 mins on, 5-10 mins off. Why is it that I can't just except that part of my job is keeping this house clean and just learn to enjoy doing it? I still muddle through but I wish so desperately that I was better when it comes to that aspect of homemaking
  • I am not alone. Even though things, for some reason, have been rough for me emotionally lately - one thing that that I can't deny is that I am not alone. For me, that one fact is unbelievably meaningful. Sometimes your mind gets so blurred that you miss the most important things... Today I can see what matters, and I'm going to try to let it just sink in.
  • All morning these boys have been building with legos. Legos are my new best friend, I swear the are the only thing that isn't crumbly, gooey, muddy or wet that will keep those guys playing peacefully for hours on end. Mr. Lego I would love to shake your hand.
I'm drawing a blank, but MAN I'd really rather keep posting random thoughts than start cleaning again. My timer beeped... Wish me luck! Hope that my Thursday thoughts aren't boring your pants off, don't worry cute pictures will be back soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cricket said...

Thursday Thoughts is a great idea! Shawna- you just ramble all you want. Blogs are for you and if us nosey-posey's wanna read it, then it's a risk we take, LOL!!!!!
LUVYABABE!!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I so identify with everything you wrote here. I too struggle with housework...I know it's just as much part of my job as the mundane parts of my husband's, but it's so hard to get into doing something over and over and over...

And you're right, you're not alone. But there are sure days when you feel like it, huh? I go through that too.

Again, another similarity between us. I too love Legos. I don't like stepping on them, but it's a small price to pay for the hours and hours of enjoyment they bring to my son. He is SO into Star Wars Legos right now!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want you to know how much I appreciate reading your posts! Though I'm so far away, I still feel like I'm still part of your life :) Thank you, I miss you lots!!

Molly

4:37 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

LOL! It never ends.. heads up girlfriend.. you have 3 young boys and are doing a fab job..!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home