Sunday, November 20, 2005

What is Beauty?

I worked on a big project Friday, and in the meantime made a WRECK of my desk. So today was clean up the desk day.

Every time I clean my desk, I get all warm inside because I just LOVE my scrap supplies so much. I love the paper, the brushes, the colorful paint. I love the stamps and the tags and the brads, the glue and the glue runner and the glue dots. I love the paper cutter the folder and the embellishments galore.

It just made me start to thing about beauty, and what beauty is. Growing up, I always LOVED a fresh pack of crayons, I watch Gareth get all excited about that untouched form of playdough that comes out of the container. When I was in highschool a brand new pack of lined paper seriously made me SO happy.

I love that raw potential for beauty. Just how am I going to combine it all? Where can I brush that plum paint, or stamp that letter "t".

So in celebration of my truly beautiful scrap supplies I got all artsy and took some pictures. Can you feel the beauty?

So, What is beauty to you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your pics!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Cricket said...

Shawna, those pics are great!! The lighting is perfect and the angles are soooo cool.- You rock!

10:51 AM  
Blogger wyowoman said...

Awesome blog entry-- I went new crayons - yes, new playdoh - yes!, new notebook paper - YES! And your photos so captured what I like in scrap supplies!!!
Kristin

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home