Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My New Best Friend

Well inorder to fight off some form of the blues I decided that I should start exercising again. So yesterday morning bright and early( before the kids made thier feverent demands for breakfast) I tromped into the garage, dusted the saw dust off the treadmill and once again cleared a space for it to be folded down and plugged back in. I was pretty sure it would be miserable but FlyLady's mantra (you can do anything for 15 minutes) was echoing through my head...

Well here goes nothing.... for good measure I put Garbage in the cd player and plugged in my headphones (don't want to tick off the neighbors at 7 am). Well as the upbeat, yet pissed off music starts echoing through my head, I start to think... "hey I really want to run"... I decided to turn the light off, run my butt off, and just lose my self to the music for a while... Four or Five songs later and I realize it's 8 and I have to stop even though I'd rather run and listen to music blast in my ears like I'm some rebellious teenager.

Today I started earlier, and the magic was there again. I gave myself enough time to run 30 minutes, and at 33 mins 3 seconds it I stopped even though I would have liked to keep going...

Now I don't know if this is the answer to my moody blues right now, I don't know if I'm going to loose weight, or keep it up for a year, or a month, or even a week. What I do know is that for 15, 30, we'll see maybe 45 precious solitary minutes it is exillerating to just think about nothing but the pounding of the music, the pumping of my heart, and the tread of my feet as I run away from real life for a while.

I'm already looking forward to tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Good for you Shawna..! Here's to more sweat tomorrow..hee hee!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Shawna! I soo need to take a page from your book! :) Hope you enjoy your "Me" time! :)

~ Dani

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home