Sunday, August 21, 2005

What the end of an average weekend looks like around here....






Believe it or not, it takes only two days to go from perfect afternoon bliss - to this mania.... but this is the way it gets pretty much every weekend around here. We try to take the weekends to realx, enjoy eachother and just have some time off (mommy too!). So by the end of those two fun filled days we end up paying with a complete train wreck of a house. Sunday nights we always end up take about an hour just to get everything back into decent monday morning shape.

The good news is (never fear!) we are now back to a relatively clean house condition, AND I lucked out! G suprized me and cleaned up while I was scrapbook shopping at Joannes (super sale! SO glad I caught it!!!)... I'm such a lucky lady! I rewarded him ofcourse, with a yummy steak salad (now that I should have taken a picture of, it was Beautiful)....

Blogs are all about the good, the bad, and the ugly right? So it only seems right that I show the other extreme of what this house can become.... It is nice to beable to take the weekends off from household stresses, and start a new "work week" somewhat refreshed... Still some reminants of our footloose fancy free weekend remain to greet me in the morning because little bits of cheesits are scattered accross the house, guess monday will be vaccume day this week. Maybe this time I'll smile while I vaccume, thinking of how lucky I am to be able to just take my weekends and enjoy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawna, this is exactly what my house looks like on Sunday nights too, except it really shouldnt cause I only have 1 kid!! LOL! I takes all day Monday to get things back on track. I call it my "Monday" house! ;-) Glad you take the time on the weekend to enjoy yourself, and that you got to hit the super sale! Whoohoo! :)

~ Dani

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the sign of a fun weekend! It's good to let things go sometimes. It makes you appreciate it more when the house is clean!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home